Saturday, July 16, 2011

Comic Movies


I was a huge comic fan when I was a kid. I would read the X-Men, Spider Man, Wolverine, Avengers, and most of the rest of the Marvel line. One of my favorites was X-Force because it was written like the team were average teens with adult problems. The new trend in Hollywood of turning popular comics in to movies has been really successful. 

The Superman franchise were the first successful comic movies. Followed by the Batman franchise which was successful for the first film but quickly lost popularity. I was never a DC comic reader because most of their characters had cheesy names and were to wholesome. It was like reading an episode of Leave it to Beaver except the Beaver and Wally wore spandex. After the release of the Batman movies I began reading his comic.

Thanks to advancements in C.G. (Computer Graphics) technology movies can push the envelope with special effects, making more films that resemble the action sequences found in the books. Which attracts readers like myself and new fans who may have never read the comics but are attracted to the movie. Below is my top fifteen list of comics that have been turned into movies that I think are worth watching. Also a list of movies that could have been done better.

1. Batman Dark Knight
2. Blade
3. The Crow
4. Time Cop
5. Sin City
6. The League of Extraordinary Gentlemen
7. Iron Man
8. X-Men
9. The Incredible Hulk
10. Spawn
11. V for Vendetta
12. Hell Boy
13. Watchmen
14. Dare Devil
15. Men in Black

These films were in a word “Wack!” They did no justice to the comic, were badly written, and most had bad acting as well.


Green Lantern
Ghost Rider
Fantastic Four
Cat Woman
The Spirit
Steel

No comments:

Post a Comment