Saturday, August 21, 2021

MixTape Flavor


Music is the closest thing to divinity. For me its the purest form of expression. Don't get it twisted...I love to write and paint. The thing is, those mediums of expression are only 2D (two dimensional). They use only one of the five senses "sight". That means someone has to view the painting or read the book for it to be appreciated. Or in some cases for a message to be conveyed. 

Music is 3D. Its three dimensional in the aspect that its felt not only with the ears, but also throughout the whole body. Our bodies feel music, not just hear it with the ears. It incorporates more of our senses and effects how we perceive our environment. You could be playing a song on the radio alone in your room and someone across the street hears that song. The music changes their day for the better, but u never know it. Music transcends language, culture, race and religion. It's the only medium of expression that is truly immortal, by being able to withstand the ravages of time. 

In the past I created music based on my emotional state in a particular moment. If I was angry I made angry music. If I was happy, I would make happy songs. Now I've matured. The songs I'm making now are messages and lessons to me in the future. Tunes I can listen too ten years from now and still appreciate them. This (selfish) mentality has always rubbed people and record labels the wrong way. Most artists are writing songs for the fans, money and fame. I write songs for me...only me. If the words in my songs resonate with you, that's superb. If not, kick rocks, and move on. 



While I'm recording I don't listen to a lot of whole albums. I prefer listening to mixtapes. There's a few guys I'm listening to who have real mixtape flavor. They blend original beats with new music and artists to make it sound like an album. First there's DJ Modesty. He makes the Real Hip-Hop Show. Its been going one for more than 15 years and hosts some of the best lyricists in the game. He also makes the Kings of Queens mixtape series featuring artists from Kings county and the surrounding area.  



Next is DJ GlibStylez. This brotha makes a variety of different mixtape shows. My favorites are the Boom Bap Soul Mix (a mix of soul beats and conscious Hip-Hop rhymes), Raw Flips (classic boom bap beats mixed over various Hip-Hop artists) , and the Underground Bangerz series. Just like the title says, its grimy underground tracks to make your head nod. If you're looking for new music that crosses different genres...DJ GlibStylez is the man. 



Last is DJ Ronsha & G-Zon. They host the Ronsha Mix show. It's raw, underground, boom bap Hip-Hop out of Paris, France. These guys get busy. The show is filled with new music, dope scratches and artists from not only America but Hip-Hop from world-wide. It doesn't matter if its English, Spanish, French or African. If the music is dope then DJ Ronsha will play it. 

Check out the music. If you like the tunes give these guys a like, a follow, and tell a friend to tell a friend.   


Until Next We Speak, Be Well

Tha One an Only 



No comments:

Post a Comment