Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Lisa Frank Art


I first heard about Lisa Frank art from my woman. She has been a big fan since her teens.

Lisa Frank, is an American artist and designer who made extremely colorful and creative depictions of real and imaginary animals. In the 1980s and 1990s, her designs were used in school supplies (lunchboxes, backpacks, etc) as well as toys and stickers. Her work was popular among girls of all ages. Lisa Frank is the owner of Lisa Frank Incorporated which still makes products world-wide and releases a quarterly magazine named "Lisa Frank."

I recognized her work because my sister had a binder with a unicorn by Lisa Frank when we were kids. The reason I never knew who Lisa Frank was is because I'm not a twelve year old girl...and I'm not gay.  The type of art she makes has a universal appeal, but it sells more to the aforementioned groups of people. 

Once I got past the rainbow bright color scheme I began to appreciate the fine detail and creativity of her work. Every piece is well drawn, brightly colored and given a child-like quality which is generally termed "cute".  Check out some of her work below, and if you're looking for gifts for your girlfriend, wife, or daughter check out her website. www.lisafrank.com/





















No comments:

Post a Comment