Sunday, January 19, 2014

God of War: Ascension


I just finished playing God Of War: Ascension. If you've been following the blog you know I'm a huge fan of the game. I did a review of the series two years ago titled "The complete God of War series" back when I thought it would end as a trilogy.

I'm happy that it didn't and I got to play the new installment of the series. GOW: Ascension, seemed like a prequel to the GOW trilogy. For breaking his blood pact with Ares, Kratos was imprisoned by the three Furies, the guardians of honor and punishment.  First he must escape, then defeat the Furies who hold the threads of his past. 


Like in the previous installments all the creatures are from mythology. Most are from previous games but the developers got creative and added a few new creatures like the Basilisk, and Hecatonchires that boosted the difficulty level. They also changed the character design and some of the attacks of creatures like the Sirens and Medusa.

Aside from the Blades of Chaos, which are Krato's standard ass-kicking weapon. You earn blades from different elements like Fire, Ice, and Lightening which are tailored to defeat particular enemies. The game play was fast paced with good graphics. If you're a fan of the series I definitely recommend playing the game. Below I posted a demo from the game check it out.

No comments:

Post a Comment