Wednesday, October 20, 2010

M.C. Escher Art


Out of the brain of a truly talented artist came spiraling staircases and intricate illustrations that baffled the mind and sparked the imagination. These are just a few words used to describe the work of world famous graphic artist M.C. Escher

Maurits Cornelis Escher (17 June 1898 – 27 March 1972) is most famous for his impossible structures, such as Ascending and Descending, Relativity, and his Transformation Prints (Metamorphosis I, Metamorphosis II) which is how I became familiar with his work. 

The first illustration of Escher's I saw was Relativity   when I was a kid. At the time I was dumbfounded to how a person could make such intricate three-dimensional structures on paper. Here it is almost twenty years later and I still haven't figured out the secret. I posted a few pieces of his work below, take a look. 













 Two Faces
























Moebius

















  
Snakes
























Stars  



















Waterfall

 


















  
Circle Limit III 


No comments:

Post a Comment